The Worldwide ERC® Foundation for Workforce Mobility was established in 2004 with a mission to energize the global community through charitable giving. Its vision is that all communities touched by global mobility are actively aware of, inspired by and engaged in our charitable efforts, worldwide.
The WERC Foundation for Workforce Mobility works in cooperation with our regional relocation councils to support a student scholarship program for high school seniors. Students apply via a regional relocation council, in this case the Minnesota Employee Relocation Council. One student will be selected for the regional scholarship and that student is automatically entered into the WERC Foundation for Workforce Mobility scholarship pool. As a result, there is an opportunity to be awarded funds from both MERC and the Foundation. The minimum regional award is $500.
To qualify for participation in the scholarship program, students with relocation experience must:
- Submit an essay (of not less than 1,000 words in Word format, not a pdf) addressing the student’s challenges and experiences encountered while relocating to a new home and new high school as well as any successes achieved. It should include your personal story and lessons learned as a result of the transition. It is recommended, but not required, that the essay contain any advice the student applicant would give to another preparing to relocate.
- Be sponsored by recognized regional relocation group, such as the Minnesota Employee Relocation Council.
- Have relocated to a new area not less than 50 miles and have changed high schools once in the past four years.
- Be a high school senior in good standing (signature of school official required)
- Provide documentation of a GPA of 2.5 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Provide SAT/ACT scores
- Provide a list of extracurricular activities
- Provide a letter of recommendation from instructor, coach or mentor
- Complete and submit application on this website
- Send all documented qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business on March 15th. The MERC award winning applicant will be submitted to WERC.
Students will be selected based on academic performance, recommendations from instructor, coach or mentor of such applicant or any others who have knowledge of the applicant’s capabilities, the applicant’s motivation, character, ability, or potential, and plans to pursue a post-secondary education.
The above information and our application can be found here. Please send submissions to email@example.com.