Calling all Volunteers!
MERC will be volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House Cooks for Kids (CFK) on November 12th. We are looking for 15 volunteers.
In addition to this registration please click the following link to preregister with CFK: http://vhub.at/MERC
Here are some details about the meal that you will be serving:
621 SE Oak Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Are there any age requirements?
· Yes. Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, and individuals between 14-18 years old must be supervised by an adult. Please note: Youth volunteers will receive a Minor Waiver upon registration. Please print the waiver, have a parent or guardian sign it, and bring it to RMH for your volunteer shift.
What is the time commitment?
· Dinner is served from 6:00-7:30 pm; groups typically arrive around 3pm to begin preparing their meal.
· Alternate prep times are available upon request
· CFK groups are asked to clean the kitchen, load the dishwasher, put away leftovers, etc. They generally leave 30 minutes after the meal is over.
What are the food guidelines?
· For safety reasons, all meals must be prepared and cooked at an RMH facility, however food packaged and prepared at a licensed restaurant, catering service or commercial kitchen is also admissible as long as it is delivered directly to our site.
How many people will we serve?
· Please plan for 90-100 people at dinner. A more exact number can be provided closer to the serving date!
What should we make?
· Please prepare a balanced meal that includes a main dish, vegetable, side dish, dessert and beverages. For menu ideas and to see what other groups are cooking, please visit: https://rmhtwincities.org/volunteer/CFK#menu
· CFK groups are welcome to enjoy the meal after the families have been served.
Please contact Melissa Willette at email@example.com for more information or questions.